Monday 3 August 2015

Watercolour Birdcage Card

Sorry I've been MIA for a week or so, had my other half at home for a couple of weeks so I've been spending quality time with him and making some home improvements.

I'm back today with a watercoloured card - a technique I love but am always a little frightened of!


I started by stamping each element with Versamark ink and coating in clear embossing powder before heat setting it with a heat tool.


 The sentiment, one of my favourites, is from Papertrey ink, as are the birdcage and bird stamps. The flowers and leaves are from Altenew's Painted Flowers stamp set.


For the watercolouring itself, I used Tim Holtz distress inks in the mini cubes along with an aquabrush from Pentel.


I love how it turned out! Watercolour is pretty forgiving and the card you use makes a big difference. Here I used ranger watercolour cardstock. I added a little green glitter in and around the floral areas to add that finishing touch.

Thanks for stopping by today, you can buy this card here
and follow me on instagram: @katy.elliott

No comments:

Post a Comment